High performance dusting powders for glove and condom
Latex gloves and condoms have evolved over the years, but starch has remained at the forefront. Manufacturers first tried cornstarch as a glove lubricant in 1947 because it was edible, absorbant and did not irritate sensitive skin. By 1975, modified starch had replaced talcum power in most latex gloves, making them easier to put on and remove. Now you can provide superior donning and reduce stickiness in your latex gloves and condoms with ABSORBO® Absorbable Dusting Powder (USP approved).
ABSORBO® is an absorbable dusting powder (USP approved). Made specially to lubricate gloves and condoms, it is highly resistant to swelling in hot water, steam and chemicals. This product can face up to most sterilisation procedures without any effect because of its inherent designed characteristics. ABSORBO® meets all the USP requirements for absorbable dusting powder, including stability to autoclaving. Its versatility makes it useful in both wet and dry dusting methods.
Benefits of using ABSORBO®
- Superior donning, provides lubrication with low coat weight
- High temperature stability
- Superior dispersion and sedimentation resistance
- Tight microbiological control
- Remarkable batch-to-batch consistency
- Available with USP regulatory compliance
- Dosage optimisation capable
Applications with ABSORBO® series